Empowering our people · In our decision · In our culture · For our future
We employ a team of 21 staff to deliver Environmental Health and Animal Management services across our communities.
- Animal management
- manage animal numbers, and animal health
- raise community awareness of animal health and wellbeing
- reduce potential feral animal activity through monitoring and managing of populations
- engage and deliver veterinary services to all communities.
- Food safety and awareness
- inspect and monitor food handling, transport and point of sale on commercial operations
- provide food safety awareness throughout the community.
- Health promotion
- provide advice and increase awareness of environmental health issues through education and awareness of hygiene, pest management and waste management.
- assess and monitor local law compliance
- conduct enforcement action when required
- monitor waste management
- monitor drinking water
- enforce biosecurity legislation.
- Pest management
- provide advice and treatments for the control and eradication of pests, including mosquitos, fleas, ticks and feral animals
- implement the Regional Biosecurity Strategy
- Implement the Mosquito Management Plan.
We deliver Environmental Health and Animal Management services under the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Public Health Program with funding assistance from the Queensland Government.